KSeF- High Time to Implement e-Invoices
Why start preparing for KSeF implementation now?
As of January 1, 2023, the obligation to switch to the National e-Invoice System (KSeF) has been imposed on all VAT taxpayers who exceed the threshold of PLN 50,000 turnover per year.
As of July 1, 2024, the obligation will apply to all businesses.
WHAT IS KSEF?
The National e-Invoicing System (KSeF) is an IT tool created by the Ministry of Finance. The purpose of KSeF is to structure and provide real-time control over the invoicing process.
In a nutshell, every invoice issued will go through the government's IT system before it reaches its recipient/payer.
The invoice should arrive at KSeF in a structured invoice (XML format).
WHY IS IT WORTH SWITCHING TO KSeF NOW?
For some companies, the transition to the National e-Invoicing System (KSeF) may involve challenges, especially for those that have previously used traditional paper invoices or electronic systems incompatible with the new standards.
What will they face during the transition to KSeF?
1. The need to adapt accounting and IT systems: Companies must modify their accounting and IT systems to enable the generation and transmission of invoices in XML format compatible with KSeF requirements.
2. High complexity of the process: The transition to KSeF requires the implementation of several procedures and processes, such as authorization to the system, generation of XML files, transmission of invoices, verification and possible correction of errors. This requires time, resources and technical expertise.
3. System integration problems: integration of KSeF systems with companies' systems can cause difficulties, which can lead to errors in invoice processing. It is therefore worth betting on a reliable and proven system that has integration with KSeF as standard.
4. Need for employee training: the introduction of a new system requires training of employees who will be responsible for generating and sending invoices. It is also necessary to train employees responsible for accounting on new procedures and KSeF requirements.
5. Legal requirements: companies must meet certain legal requirements related to KSeF, such as the need for a qualified certificate or electronic signature.
Undertakings such as adjusting the company's organization and its IT systems, carrying out pilot programs and organizing staff training require time including a considerable safety margin for possible adjustments. Given this, we recommend that you decide to start the procedure of switching to KSeF now.
The transition to the National e-Invoicing System can also bring companies many benefits. Among them are: increasing the efficiency of business processes, reducing the risk of errors and fraud, as well as saving time and costs associated with printing, mailing and storing paper invoices.
ALL THE BENEFITS OF SWITCHING TO KSeF
KSeF stores invoices for 10 years from the date of issue, so we can dispense with our document archive in the form of a dedicated system or printed documents.
Streamlining business transactions
With the introduction of KSeF, we will be able to eliminate the manual handling of invoices stored in other digital forms (such as PDF).
No duplicate invoices
We will not have to issue duplicate invoices. Every invoice will be retrievable from the system. In addition, we will have an overview of the invoice circulation, so we will know if our invoice has been downloaded by the contractor.
Elimination of JPK_FA
There will be no need to generate JPK_FA files. The Ministry of Finance and the tax office will have access to this file in KSeF.
One fixed format
Each invoice will have the same structure, so we will eliminate some of the errors that occur when issuing documents.
Shortened VAT refund
Instead of the standard 60 days, we will be able to take advantage of a 40-day refund time.
Increased tax security
All invoices are in one place, making it easier to work with them.
INTENSE PLATFORM - FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH KSEF
For companies in need of a robust system integrated with KSeF, we have a ready-made solution. KSeF Hub INTENSE Platform is a universal tool that works with ERP and billing systems. It is flexible and scalable - it easily adapts to the requirements of the enterprise and grows with it.
The integration scheme of the INTENSE Platform with the National e-Invoicing System is as follows:
Zespół INTENSE Group